Collar lining /Powder coating - finish
Collar lining canvas fabrics are normally not so heavy enough like the tent manufacturing material. These are called canvas fabric because it backs and support the collar in to a specified shape and form. Usually collar lining fabrics are of two types. Fusible and non-fusible collar lining.
Collar Lining (Non-fusible): Singe - Desize - Bleach - Mercerise are the regular process route for obtaining a suitable white material ready for finishing. The stiff finish recipe for collar lining is as below:
Poly vinyl acetate emulsion (Appretan EM) =250 gpl
Poly vinyl alcohol (PVA) = 25 gpl
Poly Ethylene Emulsion (PE) = 5 gpl
Anticreasing Agent (Finish MA (VLF)) = 100 gpl
Leucophor BFBI = 5 gpl
Magnesium Chloride = 1 gpl
Citric Acid = 0.3 gpl
Pad - Dry @ 110°C - Cure @ 150°C for 4 minutes.
Collar lining (Fusible):
Nowadays only fusible type of collar lining materials have good market potential due to their versatility in application.
Singe - Desize - Bleach - Mercerise - Bleach or Singe - Desize - Bleach are the two simple sequences selected by the manufacturers of A prior stiff finishing with a mixture of Poly Vinyl Alcohol and Poly Vinyl Acetate would help giving a body to the fabric to be coated. After proper drying, the fabric ready for collar lining proof, would be wound on spools of A - frames.
Powder Coating Process: (Fusible Collar Lining):
There are two kinds of polyethylene fine granular powders are available in the market. One is called LDPE ( Low Density Poly Ethylene) and the other one is called HDPE (High Density Poly Ethylene) powder. These are free-flowing powders. The key characteristic of this powder is its low melting temperature. Low melting temperature helps to increase line speeds and lower energy costs.
Some of the salient feature of a powder coating machine would be like the one mentioned below.
1) Production speed: 12 - 25m/min
2) Power supply: 90kW, 380V, 50Hz
3) Coating width: 120 - 160cm
4) Advanced electronic components, intelligent temperature control, display instrument, and motor speed converter
5) Equipped with unique fabric feeding device with selvedge calibrator and fabric opener
6) Increase qualified finished product rate
7) Heater does not use a boiler keeping temperature difference of less than ±2oC
8) Guaranteed even and stable powder point transfer
9) Conveyer heating chamber results in finished fabric having soft touch
10) Stable hydraulic winding device allows for easy machine operation.
Refer: Different Type of Coated Fabrics: