Determination of polymer content in a binder
Determination of polymer content in binder
1) Weigh accurately 2gms of binder in completely dried 100ml glass beaker.
2) Add 20ml of acidified methanol to it.
3) Stir well and add 20ml water and 15ml of 10% calcium chloride to it.
4) Keep on water bath for few secs.
5) Filter the polymer through previously weighed Whatman filter paper No.4.
6) Give washings till free from acid.
7) Keep in oven at 40°C + / -5°C for 4hrs.
8) Cool and weigh.
% Polymer Content = weight of polymer x 100/ weight of binder